Membership Eligibility Checklist
If you are thinking about joining NZIBS as a new member, please take a few minutes to consider the following 12 questions:
1. Are you currently working as, or have experience as a building surveyor?
2. Are you a member of another construction industry professional body, e.g. RICS, NZIQS, NZIA
3. Do you have a construction related university degree?
4. Do you have a non-construction related university degree?
5. Do you have a construction related trade qualification, e.g. trade certificate?
6. Do you have construction industry experience?
7. Do you know a practicing registered building surveyor?
8. Are you computer literate, with good English language skills?
9. Are you currently studying for a construction related qualification or degree?
10. Do you have secondary education (school) qualifications?
11. Do you have a clean record? (never been declared bankrupt or convicted of a criminal offence)?
12. Are you legally able to work in New Zealand?
If you have answered yes to six or more of the above questions, you may be ready to apply for Transitional Membership to the NZIBS.