Contract Building Surveyor - Tauranga
A unique opportunity has arisen to join a successful multi-disciplinary building consultancy practice in the Bay of Plenty region. As pat of a succession planning, we now require another experienced Building Surveyor to work across a range of projects.
This appointment would suit:
- An individual who has a well-developed knowledge of the Building Act and its regulations.
- Can provide services including fire safety audits and fire risk assessments.
- Communicate easily and effectively with staff and clients.
- Desire to be an integral part of an established Building Surveying Practice.
- Wanting an excellent work/life balance. Working full time on contract either from our office or from home.
The successful applicant needs to:
- Hold, or is working towards membership with the New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors (NZIBS).
- Has at least 3 years prior experience with NZ Building Code Compliance and Standards.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Confident with all types of projects, residential, commercial and industrial.
- Basic design skills would be an advantage.
This is a unique opportunity to progress your career and be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package while working on a range of interesting projects.
If interested in this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
We are seeking experienced Building Surveyors of all levels to fit within and complement our existing team.
The qualifications and experience required for an experienced Building Surveyor would include a construction or design related degree or diploma with a minimum of 5 years’ practical experience. The candidate would also ideally hold or be working toward membership with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or the New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors (NZIBS)
Graduate Building Surveyors will have the relevant tertiary qualification such as a construction, building science or design-related degree or diploma. We will also consider an equivalent qualification that covers knowledge of present and historic New Zealand construction practices and legislation, forensic investigation skills and exposure to the expert witness process.
We provide structured training and career development and our close links with RICS and NZIBS can set you on the path to professional membership. We offer real experience and mentorship to the next generation of property professionals.
Maynard Marks have offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch and opportunities exist in all these locations. We offer an excellent remuneration package with the opportunity for personal and professional development. Our company culture is supportive with many opportunities for social interaction working in a relaxed but professional working environment. Any application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Please forward your application and note the role you are looking to apply for, and send it by email to: HR@maynardmarks.co.nz